FFEM's activities are in line with the strategic priorities of French development assistance policy
The FFEM’s activities are consistent with the guiding principles on the environment set out by the French presidency since the Rio Earth Summit in 2002.
These activities are implemented in accordance with the principles of the Environment Charter adopted in 2005 and with France’s sustainable development strategy and its international components.
These activities are also in line with the strategic decisions of the interministerial committee for international cooperation and development (CICID) that concern the following sectors:
- development, energy and climate,
FFEM acts as an interface with the Global Environment Facility
The FFEM is a bilateral fund whose activities differ from those of the Global Environment Facility (GEF), its multilateral counterpart, in the following respects:
- our emphasis on action in Africa,
- our partnerships with agencies in the French-speaking world
- our promotion of innovating approaches
- our activities are strongly geared to the integration environmental components in projects for economic and social development in beneficiary countries.