The FFEM is a collegiate instrument for intervention
The FFEM works with six French institutional partners
The FFEM works through three interacting bodies
The steering committee is the FFEM’s decision-making body
It is chaired by the representative from the Ministry for the Economy (Directorate-General for the Treasury) and represents:
- the Ministry for Economy and Finance,
- the Ministry for Foreign Affairs,
- the Ministry for Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy,
- the Ministry for Higher Education and Research,
- the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forests
- the Agence Française de Developpement, which also is in charge of the financial and administrative management of the FFEM.
The scientific and technical committee : the consultative entity
The twelve members of the CST are key figures who are recognised for their expert knowledge on economic, environmental and social issues in the focal areas covered by the FFEM. Their role is to:
- issue recommendations at the project identification stage,
- contribute to the project examination process and provide observations at the commitment stage,
- facilitate and produce studies on scientific and technical aspects of global environment issues,
- contribute to initiatives aiming to provide information and raise awareness on global environment issues among French and international partners.
The FFEM secretariat : the operationnal entity
The FFEM Secretariat is attached to the Agence Française de Développement’s Directorate for Strategy, and shares its administrative, accounting and financial facilities and its network of local agencies.
- the Secretaire-General,
- one Biodiversity engineer
- one Climate change engineer
- one Biodiversity, Climate change, chemical pollutants
- one International water, land degradation and forests
- one Corporate and budget affairs officer
- one communication officer
- three management executives and assistants.