The Steering Commitee
The interministerial steering committee
The steering committee is chaired by the representative from the Ministry for the Economy (Directorate-General for the Tresaury an Econoic Policy, department for International Financial Affairs and Development). Its members are
- the Ministey of the Economy, Finance and Industry,
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE),
- the Ministry for Ecology, Sustainable Development, and Energy,
- the Ministry of Higher Education and Research ,
- the Ministry of Agriculture , Food , Forests .
- the Agence Française de Developpement, which is also responsible for management of the FFEM.
The steering committee meets several times a year to decide on:
- overall FFEM policy, geographic priorities, focal areas, methods and resources,
- identification of projects for funding, after expert advice from the scientific and technical committee
- financial commitments to projects based on feasibility reports or project presentations,
- the secretariat's budget.
The steering committee also appoints the members of the scienfic and technical committee.