The PPI is currently the only tool of French cooperation directly financing CSOs in the global south for specific conservation actions. Within this call for project proposals, the PPI will finance projects in Africa involved in protecting biodiversity and combating climate change. Using nature-based solutions, it will support local organisations to develop and manage projects and enhance their ability to influence environmental policies at regional and national levels.
This call will help finance some fifteen small-scale projects, up to a maximum of €35,000 per project and across a maximum 20-month period.
Who can respond to the call for project proposals?
The project sponsors eligible for this call for project proposals, or “new partners” of PPI 6, are emerging African CSOs working on key nature conservation and/or climate change issues, that have never previously benefited from PPI financing.
Organisations must have:
- A legal status recognised by the administration, entitling them to receive subsidies;
- Proven field experience;
- Project management experience;
- Proven expertise in the selected area of action: biodiversity conservation and/or combating climate change through nature-based solutions.
Which geographical areas are eligible?
PPI 6 operates in the following 26 countries:
- Central Africa: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe.
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Togo.
- Atlantic coast of West Africa: Cape Verde, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia.