An interministerial Steering Committee, chaired by the Ministry of the Economy
A Scientific and Technical Committee, which ensures the relevance and appropriateness of projects in terms of the strategic orientations approved by the member institutions of FFEM’s Steering Committee
And a Secretariat, which handles the management of the strategic cycle and the appraisal cycle, as well as the monitoring of projects.
The Steering Committee
It meets three times a year to identify future projects and commit their financing.
It also launches project evaluations and decides on FFEM’s strategic programming framework. It approves the Secretariat’s budget and, finally, it appoints the members of the Scientific and Technical Committees.
The Scientific and Technical Committee
This committee is independent. It is composed of 12 experts recognized for their economic, environmental and social competencies in FFEM’s areas of operation.
The Secretariat is composed of 10 permanent officers. Its role is to appraise and monitor projects, prepare and implement the decisions of the Steering Committee, and handle sectoral relations with the various partners: institutional, scientific, economic and associations.
The Secretariat is entrusted to Agence Française de Développement, which provides the material and human resources required for its operation. The State has entrusted AFD with a mandate to sign the agreements and contracts related to FFEM-funded projects.
Ministry of Economy and Finance
Directorate-General of the Treasury
- Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs
Directorate-General of Globalisation, Development and Partnerships
- Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition
Directorate of European and International Affairs
- Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
- Minisrty of Agriculture and Food
Sub-Directorate of Inrternational Exchanges
- French Development Agency
- Agriculture / Water
Sébastien Treyer, President of the STC, Director of Programmes at IDDRI
- Sustainable Ddvelopment / Economy
Lucien Chabason, Advisor to the IDDRI Directorate
- Rural development / Forestry
Alain Karsenty, Socio-economist, CIRAD - "Environment and Societies" department
- Water / Agriculture / Forestry
Maya Leroy, AgroParisTech
Doyle McKey, Professor of Ecology, University of Montpellier II
- Climate change / Energy
Sandrine Mathy, UPMF - CNRS PACTE-EDEN Research officer
- Coastal ecosystems / Marine biology
Christine Pergent-Martini, Lecturer HC - HDR at the University of Corsica
- Urban development
Luc Raimbault, Chief engineer, urban planner - Communauté d'agglomération Cergy-Pontoise
- Land degradation / Desertification
Mélanie Requier-Desjardins, Scientific administrator at the IAMM of the CIHEAM, teacher-researcher
- Economy / Energy
Anjali Shanker, Director General IED
- Secretary General
- Forests, agriculture, desertification
- Biodiversity, Small-Scale Initiatives Program
- International waters, pollutants, sustainable city
- Climate, energy
- Monitoring of financing agreements - Engineer assistant
- General and Budgetary Affairs
- Disbursement Tracking - Engineer assistant
- Coordinating Assistant