For the period 2019-2022, FFEM has chosen to focus on five priority themes:
- Biodiversity protection and enhancement;
- Sustainable forests and agricultural lands;
- Resilience of aquatic ecosystems;
- Energy transition and resilient cities;
- Product life cycle, pollution and waste.
These themes build on previous FFEM strategies while also identifying new innovation niches for the environment and sustainable development. They respond to the dual ambition of prioritising the most relevant projects, and capitalising upon their experience. These are not mutually exclusive: FFEM champions projects able to generate cross-cutting benefits.
These brochures are illustrated with projects currently supported by FFEM, and beacon projects from the last 25 years.